Saturday, July 11, 2009

hello me its me again.

Hello all, I'm back for another. Things have changed a bit since my last post. I have indeed found a job, but not the one I thought I had previously. The other job fell through do to their flakiness. It took them over a week to call me back so I went and found another job at a place called Prime dining. It's a burger joint that sells some of the best burgers I've ever tasted. The owner said he wanted to make it taste like a burger you find in the states and I think he's succeeded and then some. All the meat and produce here tastes so much better than the States because all of their produce and meat comes from their farms here. It's all "organically" raised being that everything is free range, and grown on multiple small family farms. The food is probably just as or less expensive than food in the states. It's a small country so it's easy for them to do, but the food here is probably some of the best I've tasted.
I think I've found a flat to live in with 2 other guys. They both ski quite a bit so it's a good resource to get on the hills. They both are from farms as well and said they get a ton of free meat and seafood from home, so I won't ever have to buy meat. That's pretty sweet.
I still don't have any pictures to post. I'm kind of bad about taking my camera places. I'll try and get some up on the next blog, and I'll include the All Blacks rugby game I went to.
On a more somber note I've just found out that my Grandma Cashie passed away two nights ago and I wish I could be there with my family to morn her loss. She was a wonderful woman with a heart bigger than most. The laughs and memories she left with us with always be with those she loved and she will be greatly missed. I can still feel the kisses on the back of my neck that she used to steal from me as a child, and I can't help but sit here and smile as I write about her. I'm glad she has moved on to a better place, and I know she left with many prayers and love surrounding her.
I hope life is good for all and I miss everyone. Until next time...

1 comment: