Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rarotonga!

I've spent the last two days in Island paradise. This place is literally an hour long bus ride around, (going 50km/hr) and a four hour hike through the middle of it, which I'm going to do tomorrow. There are lagoons, and water falls all over the middle of the island, and coral reef and crystal blue waters that surround it.
I'm also convinced this is dog heaven. There are dogs everywhere here that all seem to roam where ever they please. They are grungy, stinky, and all have collars and are registered with the island yet really no owners. Where every they go they are taken care of by island folk, and are probably some of the nicest dogs I've ever met.
I came across one named scabby that sticks around the hostel I'm staying at. His name really fits his looks. I woke up to him attempting to burrow into my un opened sour patch kids bag, and then rewarded him with one after I opened it. I had a shadow for the rest of the afternoon. All is well so far, I will post pictures soon. None of the Internet cafes here allow you to upload photographs from your camera, so pictures will probably come once I hit New Zealand. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and keep checking in for the latest updates. Soon I shall be in winter once again, shredding and staying warm. Can't say I really miss Colorado yet, but I love you all. Keep on keepin on.

Nick.

1 comment:

  1. glad you made it safe! I want to see a picture of your new pal scabby!! :)

    ReplyDelete